July has been a very interesting month for me. My mom asked me to help her with booking and packing for her trip. It has been really fulfilling, after all those long queues. Afterward, I even convinced her to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Hahaha, okay going back… After wrapping-up June I silently vowed to read 15 books this July. And here’s how it went:
Gold Shadow by L.C. Perry
All’s Fair in Blog and War by Chrissie Peria
Sadie by Courtney Summers
The Trouble With Unicorns by D.T. Dyllin
The Road of Us by SB. Maamari
Heart of Mist by Helen Scheuerer
The Impossibility of Us by Katy Upperman
The Oddling Prince by Nancy Springer
Blind the Eyes by K.A. Wiggins
Vox by Christina Dalcher
Infamous by Allison Stowe
Tied to Deceit by Neena H. Brar
It’s not 15, wrapping it up with a total of 12 read books. 3 books short of my suppose to be “goal”. That’s alright, there’s always next month and the one after it. Hahaha
Book Tags I did:
Blog Tour I participated in:
- Daniel Daniel’s and the World’s Worst Zoo by Robbie Yates. I was invited to join in by Shalini of Digital Reads Book Tours. It was such an honour to be included. Click the links to find out more.
- The Afterlife of Walter Augustus Tour. A tour organized by the author herself, Hannah Lynn. Thankful to be a part of that tour. And might give that link a check, it may be your next favorite thing!
Around the Blog…
- Ashley’s Let’s Talk: The Sins of Love Triangles.
- Looking for Asian-inspired fantasy novels to drool over? or Asian science fiction books to sink your teeth into? Say no, more check out Shealea’s list.
- You have to see Justine’s review of America is Not the Heart by Elaine Castillio.
- The Lunar Chronicles still remains a favorite of mine, if you haven’t read it yet, you have to see 5 Reason Why You Should Read Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
- Melanie’s review of Autoboyography by Christina Lauren.
- Read Five Fab Friendship in Books by Kayla Reads and Reviews and it sure left a smile on my face.
- I always love reading Book Beach Bunny posts, here is a list mini-reviews that will leave you to add it into your TBR as well My Crazy Reading Wrap-Up.
- These were so on point, look at Vicky Who Reads post Things That are Iffy to Me in the Book Community (From a Teen’s Perspective).
- A review of Forest of A Thousand Lanterns by Julie Dao from Kate of The Backwards Bookshelf.
- Fadwa’s review of Want by Cindy Pon. Making me more excited for it but still on the hunt for the actual books, haha
- Book Beach Bunny’s review of A Thousand Beginnings and Endings.
- An intriguing list made by Anna in this post about villains… So you’re in the mood for books with good villains.
- Roachies’ 100-word review for Vox by Christina Dalcher.
- I found Kaleena’s free bookish templates for scheduling and statistics, and I can say this will be amazing!
- This Tag is definitely will be done in August! 90’s Kid Book Tag on The Bibliophagist.
- Nicka’s review of Rad Women Worldwide.
- What makes a good romance? a post created by Zoie discussing, well, romance in books…
- Check out Sarah’s LGBTQ + Middle Grade Recs! I may have pick-up one or two from it.
- The topic of book piracy has been reopened again in the community and this post by Shealea featuring a list of alternatives to book pirating.
My blog hit the 400 follower mark. And I now have over 4,000 views here! I can’t thank y’all enough!
Goals for August? haha:
- to read at least 10 books (5 released books and 5 arcs) or more
- get my “planned” posts done
- blog hop more
- participate in a readathon, AJ of Diary of an Avid Reader has been suggesting which ones to join, thank you btw. so that and
- to reach an overall total 5,000 views mark in my blog?
How about you, how was your July? Any brewing plans for the month of August? Comment down below.