In the Philippines, Halloween isn’t celebrated as grand as it is in the West. Fair enough there had been, themed shows, parks (the scare houses), here locally that features such events. And I loved them all. Well, it is quite* enough for me. I am a couch potato after all.
I have curated a mini Halloween readathon for myself. So, that I won’t disappoint others in the process of not succeeding haha!*
Fortunately, that isn’t the case this month. It seems like I went overboard than my monthly usual reading. I had marathoned some Throne of Glass novels, and the aforementioned mini themed readathon, plus other books.
🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃
Law of Inertia – S. Gonzales
I Do Not Trust You – Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz
Peas, Carrots and an Aston Martin – Hannah Lynn
Carols and Chaos – Cindy Antsey
Dare to Love – C.P. Santi
Bucket List to Love – C.P. Santi
I also did a Throne of Glass Readathon too!
Queen of Shadows – Sarah J. Maas
Empire of Storms – Sarah J. Maas
Tower of Dawn – Sarah J. Maas
Supposedly, Kingdom of Ash is included here too but I decided to wait up for the physical copy’s availability, so I get to clutch on every page and that would feel a bit more intimate. Hahaha
For My Mini Halloween Readathon
Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours # 1) – Jacqueline E. Smith
Broken Things – Lauren Oliver
Hidden Pieces – Paula Stokes
Rot and Ruin (Rot and Ruin # 1) – Jonathan Maberry
Dust and Decay (Rot and Ruin # 2) – Jonathan Maberry
Flesh and Bone (Rot and Ruin # 3) – Jonathan Maberry
Fire and Ash (Rot and Ruin # 4) – Jonathan Maberry
A total of 15 books! YASS! I was lowkey trying had my mind into reading 15 books since I failed last August, finally my brain got that itch off.
I may even finish 16 in total, I was to start Empress of All Season – Emiko Jean by the 1st of November but I really can’t help myself. AND GODS, THE PROLOGUE ALONE BLEW ME AWAY!
Around the Blog
- Blinding Night – Chantal Gadoury from Jon @ Wonder with Jon
- Melmoth – Sarah Perry @ Opinionated Reader
The Last Wish of Sascha Cade – Cheyanne Young @ These Paper Words
Everlasting Nora by Marie Miranda Cruz @ Muse of Nyxmares
Mirage – Somaiya Daud @ Pages Unbound Reviews
- Peril at End Hous – Agatha Christie @ The Bibliofile Book Reviews
- The Poet X – Elizabeth Avecedo from Nichole.
- The Girl They Left Behind by Roxanne Veletzos from Jennifer.
- Start Here a Romance Anthology from Cara @ The Little Miss Bookworm
- Imagine Us Happy by Jennifer Lu from Elise @ The Bookish Actress
Discussion Post / Lists
Writing Slump or Writing Insecurity? @ Vienna Noreen
- A guide into acquiring ARCs from Mandy @ Devouring Books
- It’s never too late to get this Halloween Recommendation List from Bea @ Confession of a Pinay Bookaholic!
- Discover more magical worlds with Acqua @ Acquadimore Books with her T5W – Favourite Magical Systems.
Combat Biphobia with These Awesome Book Recs! from Vicky.
Kristyn from The Bibliophile Empress tackles about Authors/Readers Expectations and Etiquette.
- This has to be one of my favourite thing written out there today from Aria @ Snow White Hates Apples – Aria wrote Supernatural Beings in Asian Folklore I Grew Up With.
- Spooky podcasts to listen to, well even if it’s days away to November… you might want to check out this list made by Breanna @ Paws and Paperbacks.
- Laura @ The Book Corps talks about tropes…
- Kaleena wrote yet another helpful post for us book bloggers! – Ultimate Social Media Guide for Book Bloggers.
- From Pooled Ink a discussion about reading indie books.
Book Tags I Did
Blog Tour Joined
One Very Odd Teacher – Robbie Yates
Death by the River – Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Castor
Seven Tortures of Amy and Craig – Don Zolidis
Pease, Carrots, and an Aston Martin – Hannah Lynn
From last month, I wanted to have a total of 10,000 visits here. And WE DID IT! Thank you so much, for paying my blog a visit (and comments too!) I really appreciate it, I feel appreciated too. You all know how it is to be a book blogger, not that I am complaining!
Please, continue to keep on visiting me and interacting with me.
- Reading Goals: 8 books fingers crossed!
- I would love to get my drafts cleared (this month, generally, before the year ends!) I think that’s it for now.
🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃
How has October been to you? How many books are you planning next month? Any books similar to my read list that you would recommend?