I am very grateful to be one of the people blessed by a Descendant of the Crane ARC. As one of the few DOTC related I’ll be featuring in my blog! I decided to share my initial and basically choking on my own reactions while holding a copy and being blown by this wonderful piece! These are my thoughts whilst reading an advanced reading copy of Descendant of the Crane. Though, I admit I have omitted some because honestly there were thousands of thoughts traveling at lightspeed when things while reading hahaha! These are spoiler-free, so read along! I hope.
- It has a gorgeous cooooover!
- THERE’S AN EPIGRAPH
- SETTING!!! THE SETTING!
- Loving the energy: banter, clothes, food YAAAAS
- is it me or is it the coffee
- I’m dying to know
- whos the convict
- should I be laughing?
- oh my
- this is a different road
- this is heavy
- I’m sensing a rift here
- I think they found it.
- This is how it begins
- it’s happening
- I’m liking Lilian super hard right now, like lady boner going on
- I hope I’m not misplacing my trust on any of you. #doubful
- I’m stressing, I just began.
- The sceneries are amazing!!! (Joan, what are you talking about?!)
- She’s hurting too.
- As if things were not interesting enough already.
- These all rang true
- MY HEART IS HAMMERING IN MY CHEST RIGHT NOW
- MY RIBS FELT IT
- Lilian was not kidding about Minister Xia Zhong
- Slap me good, the details I mean the tiniest details in here good lord, have mercy.
- it’s running deep now I think I may have trusted way too much now
- I’ve seen this I am jumping now
- Now I’m hOWLING
- Trust. Trust? Trust?
- My emotions are being toyed so well. How dare you, Joan?
- Seriously, no, I refuse my eyes deceives me. Nooo
- What happened?
- “The clarity of her goals dimmed as they came within reach.” Don’t fking touch me.
- what a sight
- ohhhhh this courtroom drama is a spectacle!!!
- Sanjing. Akira. Caiyan. Lilian. Hesina.
- and I’m betting my heart won’t be broken but we all know y’all liars!
- it’s burning slow
- why though?
- What game are they all playing?!
- Chapter 10?
- *wipes drool*
- He’s looking out is he? like genuinely?
- I like her should I trust her too?
- What do you mean gone?
- grabs popcorn
- the names!!!
- if her didi (younger brother) knows about this ooof you’re toast
- HES HERE HE PART OF THE ENTOURAGE
- What is it with his rod?
- Some idyllic fantasy. I would read tho.
- STOP DENYING.
- This is getting better than The Game of Thrones!!
- what are you? why are you doing this? how did he know?
- I’d be willing to feed you sand AND drown in the ocean for you
- I love me a condescending Sanjing
- I AM CHOKING IN MY OWN SALIVA
- HE DID THAT
- WAITTTTT how do one breath again?
- Xia Zhong
- They’re all clashing yall
- Remind me not to get on Hesina’s bad side
- I’d be very immature about this rod now. Hehehe
- What a spectacle
- I existed to witness this shit
- SLAP ME. SLAP MEEE.
- EVERYTHING MAKES SO MUCH SENSE
- He ain’t wrong
- Ughhh, clever as ever
- YOU YOU
- the judicial system
- are they showing their true colors now
- “Many if I must” is a mood tbh
- I HAD MY SUSPICIONS BUT
- HOLD MY POODLE
- He must be protected at all cost
- I DIDNT THINK 2 NOUNS AND A VERB COULD RUIN ME LIKE THIS BAD
- I AM FUCKING LOSING IT
- There are more chapters to read I am already fading.
- Why is this so good?!
- I am pandemonium
- BITCH IM NO GOING TO CRY
- ROOM FOUND: NO OXYGEN
- I. Do. Not Like. This.
- This is so good like taking arrows straight to your heart.
- that escalated quick
- I am glad I refrain from taking a shot whenever a plot twist happens…
- you do you, you do you,
- IM NOT GOING TO CRY
- IM NOT GOING TO CRY
- DONT GO NEAR ME
- I AM OKAY
- I NEED TO BREAK SOMETHING
- Queen may be busy be she gotta look good.
- These realizations
- could she
- NO WAY
- YOU LIE
- I AM NOT ON THE VERGE OF TEARS
- HE LOOKS GOOD
- OH NO MY BRAIN CELLS
- WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING
- 2:49 AM I AINT SLEEPING!!!!!!!
💮 💮 💮 💮 💮
WHAT BOOK AM I REACTING TO?
Title: Descendant of the Crane
Author: Joan He
Publisher: Albert Whitman & Company
Release Date: April 2nd, 2019
Tyrants cut out hearts. Rulers sacrifice their own
Princess Hesina of Yan has always been eager to shirk the responsibilities of the crown, but when her beloved father is murdered, she’s thrust into power, suddenly the queen of an unstable kingdom. Determined to find her father’s killer, Hesina does something desperate: she engages the aid of a soothsayer—a treasonous act, punishable by death… because in Yan, magic was outlawed centuries ago.
Using the information illicitly provided by the sooth, and uncertain if she can trust even her family, Hesina turns to Akira—a brilliant and alluring investigator who’s also a convicted criminal with secrets of his own. With the future of her kingdom at stake, can Hesina find justice for her father? Or will the cost be too high?
In this shimmering Chinese-inspired fantasy, debut author Joan He introduces a determined and vulnerable young heroine struggling to do right in a world brimming with deception.
You may also submit your pre-order receipt for Descendant of the Crane swag! It’s international!
Add to Goodreads
💮 💮 💮 💮 💮
Have you read Descendant of the Crane? Have you added it in your TBR shelf? What do you think?
Did you love my content? Consider sending me a coffee.